Here you will find some tips and activities to enjoy during your stay.
- Our camping site is located at the center of Friesland province, between the villages of Akkrum, Grouw and Drachten. We are at the edge of National Park ‘De Alde Feanen‘ and also close to an area of beautiful wild nature called ‘De Deelen’. If you like to try our local cheese directly from the farm, visit ‘Kaasboerderij De Deelen‘!
- Also about 10 kilometers to the east near the town of Beetsterzwaag, you will find a forest which is great to cycle or hike through.
- To explore the waters, yacht charter ‘De Drijfveer‘ located at marina ‘Tusken de Marren’ in Akkrum (Ulbe Tweinstrawei 31) has several types of boats for rent.
- For sailing lessons, at 3 kilometers east and west you will find sailing schools Pean and De Veenhoop.
- For horse riding, please contact Manage Nes which is located 5 kilometers from our site just outside Akkrum.
- As the cyclist nation, our surroundings are very suited for bike rides. Bikes are for rent at Nijdam, Kanadeeskestrjitte 5 in Akkrum.
- A beautiful bike route is the so called ‘Eight of Grou‘ which will also involve several small ferries.
- For the kids, the village of Terherne is dedicated to the books from the ‘Kameleon’ series, which are very popular among Dutch kids. The books are about Frisian twin boys Hylke and Sietse and their friends going on adventure with their power boat called ‘Kameleon’. See ‘Kameleondorp Terherne‘.
- There are several swimming pools in the area
- Pier’s Hiem, Domela Nieuwenhuisweg 114, Nij Beets
- It Polderhûs, Kraenlânswei 1, De Veenhoop
- Restaurant/Hotel Goerres, Kanadeeskestrjitte 45, Akkrum
- More restaurants